Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tah-Dah! FMEP's new product line!


Last Friday I finally launched my very own Feed Me Eat Pretty product line through Etsy.com!

What an unbelievable feeling. The proudest moment for me was when I saw the labels for the very first time!

First I want to acknowledge all the friends and family that have given me unbelievable support all these years!!! THANK YOU really doesn't do it justice.

This has been a dream of mine since I was a child. When I was given the opportunity to work at A Southern Season as an Assistant Grocery Buyer, I was beside myself each and every day! It was like being a kid again- working in a candy store! It also enabled me to really get a grasped on the Gourmet Food Industry.

There are currently 4 flavors as 1 sold out in less than 24 hours! Red Wine Louisiana Strawberry available in 8 oz or 16 oz jars, Spicy Georgia Peach, Louisiana Blueberry Lemon, and Louisiana Blueberry Basil Jam available in 8 oz jars. The cost is $6 for the 8oz jar and $12 for the 16 oz jar. It will last in the pantry for up to 1 year or in the fridge for a month after opened.

Keep checking the website for new flavors! Each week I will be posting updates.

But, I would like to be clear about one thing. I source all my ingredients locally. In fact, all the fruit and veggies in my products are either grown in my garden or picked on a farm by my hands. The names come from where the produce was picked. If I have used Georgia peaches, it was because I physically got them myself while travelling through Georgia. So don't let the distance fool you.

I don’t consider my products to be gourmet, they are all-natural, made with unprocessed foods and taken straight from the farm to the table! The way nature intended for us to eat. Just trying to do my part in helping others get to know what real food tastes like.

I also take flavor requests! If it is in season and I can source the ingredients locally, I will definitely whip up a batch just email me! Would be great for gifts at a wedding or a party! I can do a variety of sizes as well.

Tip: If you live in New Orleans, send me an email before ordering. I will deliver it to you instead of you having to pay for shipping! Also, look for me soon at the cities farmer’s markets!

Click on the link to check out my online store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FeedMeEatPretty

PS- The July 4th weekend will be full of friends and family in Mississippi. Tyson and I have a culinary farm tour planned to meet and greet some new growers. I am planning on picking up a ton of fruits and veggies so keep a look out for next weeks blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment